nuffnang1

.:)

May 31, 2008

Cerita Hantu ... Sesekali

When I was 13 yrs old, My parents bought my Dad's mother's house (I'm 35 now).

My dad, 4 of his brothers and his parents lived in this house for many years. This house was the central place for family and friend get togethers. It is located near the main entrance of Pine Hills Cemetery (Kennedy Rd entrance) Kennedy Rd/St. Clair in Scarborough.

My dad and his family have had countless encounters with ghosts and ghostly sounds and events throughout their time there. I was told stories like:

Every time my uncle would take a shower the phone would ring, he checked the phone and no one was there. Foot steps were heard constantly throughout the house, even when only one person was home at the time.

Cupboards would open and slam shut on their own. The bed would shake in one of the bedrooms. There was constant knocking on the bedroom doors in the middle of the night. And many times people who have been out on the sidewalk and would look up to the bedroom window would see a man looking out at them. No one was in the house at the time.

When my family moved in, we also had these things happen to us, and then some. We had a finished basement that I took over and lived in from about 14 yrs until about 17 when I moved out to my own apartment.

My parents told me of times when they would be watching TV on the main floor and would hear someone bouncing a ball in the upstairs hallway. (I have a sister that was about 6 and a brother 4 and another brother that is 2 yrs younger than I, but living elsewhere). The 2 young ones were asleep at the time of the ball bouncing episode.

Another time, later at night, the kids asleep -- my sister had a puzzle she was working on that was spread out on the kitchen table (you have to walk past the table from the living room to the kitchen). My mom got up from the couch to get a drink in the kitchen. Passing the table she noticed the puzzle pieces still spread out on the table (she noticed because she was going to clean it up). On her way back to the living room, she would look to where the mess was and the puzzle was together. The puzzle was complete!

When I was about 16, living in the basement apartment, I have had many, many things happen to me. On one account, I had a girlfriend over, she was sitting on my bed while I was in the shower. When I got out of the shower I noticed she was not there! I called her at home and this is what she told me:

"When you were in the shower I heard a very loud tapping sound that went all the way around the room almost like someone tapping with their fingers and was tapping on all the walls around me at the same time. What really scared me to the point I ran out was, in a low whisper, someone called my name. No one else was in the house at the time, just the two of us!"

Another time, I was sleeping and suddenly awoke to see 2 young girls dressed in pioneer type clothing about 2-3 feet from the foot of my bed. They looked as if they were folding laundry. They paid no attention to me. I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things. I sat up in bed, and watched them for probably 20 seconds. In a panic, I flicked on the light and ran upstairs and watched TV in the livingroom. I told my parents what happened and they just told me that it was just a dream. They didn't want to tell me the stories they knew of the house because they didn't want to scare me. It wasn't a big thing to them since no one was ever hurt in the 30+ yrs the family lived there.

This and many other things happened to me personally and my family in that house.

My parents finally sold the house about 10 yrs ago. They never said a word to the new owners. However, when my parents would go by the house to pickup mail that was still delivered there, the new owners would ask my parents if they ever had any strange things happen to them. My parents denied anything ever occurring.

These are only a few things that happened in the house.. many more things happened... however, this would be 10 pages long, so I will leave it at that.

When I talk to people about that house they always say "why did guys stay there?" Strange thing is, you get so used to it that it doesn't scare you anymore. Though it does startle you when it happens!

No comments :